A bright beautiful morning in a small village in Punjab is ardently devoted in the agricultural farm to harvest crops by Udhav Singh, a diligent farmer, along with a bunch of other farmers who are drenched in sweat and engulfed by breathlessness that proves to be the evidence of the laborious work they do each and every day without failure. Tasks such as reaping, threshing and separating the corn grain are all performed using heavy tools that wound up being constraining owing to the great deal of people, time and effort it demands. Flash forward to today’s time where agricultural machinery has revolutionised the agricultural sector and the major credit goes to the invention of combine harvesters that perform the task of reaping, threshing and separating the corn grain vis-à-vis one single implement of invention and innovation.
Being accountable for turning the whole agricultural game around, in its entirety, this gigantic automated machine meticulously harvests a variety of grain crops leaving no room for incompetence and incapacitation of any kind, form and manner. The magical ability of the combine harvester needs to be meticulously dissected for the sake of comprehending its role as an efficient agricultural machinery.
How the combine harvester was born:
The monstrous machine that we see today started out as a simple design of a bell machine in the mind of Patrick Bell in 1826. Consequently, in 1835, Hiram Moore in the United States designed the first combine harvester which was pulled by horse, mule, or ox teams. In India, combines were manufactured for the first time in 1970 revolutionizing development that sneaked up on the Indian farms. A number of conceptions, blueprints, designs, fiascos, and successes later, the epitome of peak efficiency, today’s combine harvester was born.
Combine harvester: Operation, Usage, and Importance
The technicalities involved in a combine harvester are not just limited to the different components of this intricate apparatus but also the profundity involved in its operation and functioning. Made up of about 21 parts including the header, reel, cutter bar, sieves, rotating blades, grain tank, unloading pipe, augers, conveyors, belts, layers, wheels and much more, this agricultural implement can be used to harvest, winnow and thresh crops like rice, corn, wheat, sunflower, pulses, barley, flax and soybeans.
These crops are only partly edible and the inedible parts along with their stalks need to be eliminated. Earlier, the farmers’ main tool was their hands, along with other gears, with which they used to cut, thresh (separating the edible from the inedible) and clean the grains in different parts. This not only used a lot of labour time and effort but also slowed down the overall productivity.
Saying its last goodbye to heavy tools like scythe, sickle and reaper, the Indian farmers adapted this suave farm machinery, of which the header platform emerges as the main feature. The header at the front of the machine gathers the cereal crops which are then pushed towards the cutter bar via the pick-up reel.
The crops are then cut down by the cutter bar and are then gathered by the revolving reel. Going through the conveyor to the threshing area, the cut crops are shaken and broken until the grains are separated from the stalks. The grains and the stalks have distinct futures and are meant to go their separate ways whereby the grains are collected in a collecting tank via the sieve which waits to be later unloaded onto a truck and the stalks along with the other unwanted stuff are passed towards the back of the machine which waits to be later thrown away onto a wide area or the ground they were harvested from.
What was done by investing the farmer’s blood, sweat and tears is now done by a single machine in a more efficient and productive manner. The overall operational process is enhanced which in turn skyrockets the profits made by the farmers. Some of the ways a combine harvester has proven to be functional are:
- A multipurpose machine such as a combine harvester reduces the number of people employed in harvesting, thereby reducing manpower, time and effort taken which consequently increases the overall productivity.
- Wide patches of crops can be harvested with ease and in a more efficient manner which in turn profits the farmers owing to its ability in getting better grain yields.
- Several kinds of removable heads and combines make the harvesting of different forms of crops more convenient which successively increases the output and makes farming more profitable.
- The modern versions with leading edge technological advancements have facilitated gentler treatment of fragile seeds that were often crushed and destroyed by the earlier versions.
- Producing of cleaner grains, reduction in crop loss, maintenance of the quality of the crop and decrease in work cost has pushed farmers in investing in a good quality harvester.
- With different versions of combines available, all kinds of farms can be harvested, no matter their size, making the whole process less labour intensive.
Key points of consideration:
- Before the combine harvester is used, the machine operator must go through formal training and obtain a driver’s license to get the best use out of the implement.
- This gigantic machinery must be examined and maintained regularly and in case of any malfunction or abnormality, it must be repaired and mended immediately. Periodical inspection of the delicate parts is imperative to ensure the machine’s long life.
- Certain conditions need to be checked before using the combine harvester in the field:
- Field condition
- Crop condition
- Moisture content
- Height of crop cutting
Investing in a good quality combine harvester is an involuntary invitation to greater profit, output, and returns. Therefore, it’s imperative to get one’s hands on a high end combine that is not only durable but also functional in doing its job adequately. Among the top combine harvesting manufacturing companies in India, Fieldking has established its position on firm grounds. Fieldking has a superlative character among farmers who are in need of reliable, durable and top-notch quality of agricultural implement. Our dedication toward providing nothing but the best keeping in mind the pioneering trends within the agricultural sector, has made Fieldking the most reliable choice for farmers all over the country. Making different combines along with their distinct parts widely available, we have gained the eminence of leading forerunners of change and elevation within the agricultural field.
Staying ahead in the agriculture equipment manufacturing market, Fieldking is focused on execution and speed. Consistence in quality and high level of productivity has given us a leading edge. Years of experience and in-depth understanding of consumer needs along with expertise in fabrication of equipment have won us the trust of thousands of satisfied farmers across India.
‘The Indian farmers produce a large variety of crops such as wheat, rice, soyabean, corns, potatoes and more. Driving combines by Fieldking has made their job lot easier, economical and efficient,”
With ease of availability Fieldking helps the Indian farmers do their work much faster increasing their productivity!!
Get a Fieldking combine harvester from your nearest location today and get to farming like never before!